Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Hey, i am into Social work...

Oh, I am loosing interest in this field! Is there another field where I can do my post graduation? Yea, such questions were rolling in my mind at the second year of my under graduation (Commerce). I was loosing interest in the accounts field and I wanted to switch on to another field. I heard about new fields like population studies, journalism and archeology. My only option left was to choose M.com or MBA….but I was not so sure about MBA. “What I am going to do after completing M.com” as I was not interested in Accounts, I asked to myself.

God gave an opportunity to attend a State Students leadership camp at Madurai in the year 2000 through EU. In the second day of the camp, I met my senior and enquired about her job and education. It turned to joy when I heard from her that she has done her Master’s degree in Social work and working in an Organization in Madurai. Yea, it was the first time that I heard about a course called “Social work”. That night I went to a solitary place and started praying with these words- Oh Lord, a deep desire has sprung up in my heart to pursue this social work. If it is your will means, will you help me”? I had in mind about two challenges to face. One is finance and another was convincing my father to allow me to go out to study as Social work was not in any colleges in kanyakumari district. In my Bible on 16.10.2K, I wrote the following words signing on the paper that I have stuck in the Bible and started praying:

Dear Lord,
If it is your will, help me to obtain an admission in MSW….

God worked through my mother and maternal uncle to convince my father and God provided all finances to meet all the expenses related to my studies. God was amazingly opening the ways for me…..In selecting the college, I wanted to study in Bishop Heber, since it’s a Christian college but God didn’t allow but instead gave me a Hindu Institution. Yea, I praise God for I could lead many to Christ through prayer cell and individually in that Hindu Institution. God blessed my years in Madurai and with much humility I am expressing that my fellow students and professors acknowledged me to be a different person from others that brought glory to Jesus.

Dear Reader,
Submitting to God’s will bring a greater blessing for His path is full of righteousness and peace and there is no death. Let everything be done as per God’s will in your life.

1 comment:

DAHLIA said...

hi jemi,
excellent testimonies. i'm sure it will be of great use to many. keep up the good work
dahlia