Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2008

'Chikungunea' - under His control..........

When i was pregnant with my daughter ivana in aug 2006, everyone was talking about being careful about my health, eating well etc. I've always been a sick person from my younger days which made everyone even more worried. I was in chennai at that time. Chennai was full of 'chikungunea' at that time. Every family had atleast one person with this disease. The infected person suffers from severe body pain especially in the joints with high fever. The joint pain would last for 3 month. Chikungunea was mainly transmitted by mosquitoes. So everyone asked me to be extra careful about mosquito bite. I had the 'mosquito repeller' at home, a 'mosquito hunter' in my hand all the time. But somehow mosquitoes used to bite me.
It was around that time, my friend Abi came to visit me and spent a day with me. By afternoon, she said she had severe joint pain and was feeling very feverish. In the evening we went to the doctor and found that she had chikungunea too. She was so worried that i shouldn't get it from her. So she decided to leave immediately.
Just a week before i was about to go to my parents place for delivery, my mom found that she had chikungunea too. With chikungunea in my own house where else could i go??? God was the only hope. I used to read Psalms 91 whenever i felt down and that would be a great source of encouragement.
Amazingly, I was hail and healthy throughout. According to my worldly wisdom I knew that i was surroounded by uncertainity. Any time i could get infected too. But 'there is nothing that is beyond His control. Nothing can happen without His knowledge'...... Thats the simplest way to put it.....

No comments: