Pages

Monday, January 7, 2008

Testimony of my first elder brother JOEL…….

Inbuilt talents were hidden inside my brother….that is what I would say. I would like to write a testimony of my brother Joel who is working in Kuwait.

School days were not so pleasant for my brother because he use to fail in almost all the subjects. Nobody in our family thought that he will pass standard 10th. Yea, but it was God’s miracle and grace that he made it. Standard 11th and 12 was not so fine for my brother. He started cutting class and started watching movies…..hanging around with friends. This caused a severe setback in his life. He started to face defeats and failures in his life especially in pursuing his higher studies.

Though my brother was going in his own ways…..God was carefully planning him to return to the path of righteousness. Bro. Robinson, an evangelist (Christ is my life ministry) who is working among the youth use to visit our house frequently. The words from the Bible through Bro. Robinson played a vital role in his life. Many times I have observed my brother, though he was struggling in his own ways, yet he had a heart to obey my parents, very loving child in the family, with patience as a virtue……..After his post graduation, he joined in a small private company in Nagercoil for a meager salary. Often times he was down that he is not able to excel when compared to his friends.

“Christ is my life ministry” gave an impetus for him to involve in ministry. Gradually, he started engaging to God’s ways and will, confessing his sins and leaving worldly ways and friendship. It was a time where my parents were searching a girl for him. Since his earning capacity was low, we had a fear that how he will run his family. God in due time blessed him with a loving and God fearing wife. My sister-in-law was working in Kuwait and she made all arrangements to take my brother to Kuwait. When he went there, he struggled to find a job and for more than five months he was unemployed.

In the meantime God blessed them with a lovely kid named Joshua Giftson. After much prayer, God blessed my brother with a good job in one of the biggest companies in Kuwait. Presently, as family they are living for the glory of God in that remote and gentile land stating “Christ is my life”. I would like to praise and thank God for saving my brother and blessing him spiritually, materially, personally and socially. Thanks to Bro. Robinson who contributed a lot to grow spiritually and leading us in God’s ways whenever we were lagging behind……

Dear Reader,
We do not know what will hold our future, but we surely know Who(Jesus) will hold our future.

No comments: