Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Prayers and Answers

    There are four types of answers that we can receive from God for our prayers.
1. Direct answer - YES
2. Denied answer - NO
3. Delayed answer - WAIT
4. Different answer


    Today i would like to concentrate on the 4th type of answer 'Different answer'. Let me start of with a small testimony from my life.
When i was in std 11th, we used to have salt analysis in chemistry lab. The coloured salts were easier to identify just by looking at it. But the white salts were trickier and u had to actually do all the salt tests to identify the salt. During my board practical exams, I had prepared well. But my prayer was ' Lord i should get coloured salt'. I had prayed so diligently that i was confident that i would get coloured salt and i could complete my exam without any problem. But when i actually got into the exam hall, i got a shock. It was white salt. Icould instantly feel a chill throughout my body. Though i was disappointed, i made a small prayer and continued with my salt analysis. By Gods grace i found out the salt in no time.
    Now how should i explain the situation??? Did God answer my prayer or not?? Yes ofcourse He did. But it was not exactly in the way that I had asked for. It was a 'different answer'.

    Many times we use our human wisdom and try to predict the answers that we might receive. We feel that is the 'only' appropriate solution available for our prayer. But what we fail to realise is that our vision is small compared to our Father in heaves. He has a multi dimensional vision and knows our past, present and future. He knows our problems and its solutions better that we do. So what is very important is complete submission to His will.

I love the poem written by somebody

I asked God for strength but He gave me difficulties to make me strong;
I asked God for wisdom but He gave me problems to solve;
I asked God for courage but He gave me dangers to overcome;
I asked God for patience but He placed me in situations where I was forced to wait;
I asked God for prosperity but He gave me oppurtunities to work hard;
I asked God for love but He gave me troubled people to help;
I asked God for favors but He gave me opportunities;
    I received nothing I wanted.........
        but I received everything I needed.......
            
All my prayers had been answered.     

So friends, if you have asked God for something and you feel He hasn't answered it....... Be patiient... Accept prayerfully anything that God gives you. Because after a while you will definetely realize that He has indeed answered your prayers in a way beyond your imagination.

2 comments:

Jemima said...

Very encouraging message dals....Yea, sometimes His answer comes as a "Different answer". Yea, no need to panic because He is in perfect control of our lives.

DAHLIA said...

yes jemi,
thats the personal testimony of my life... God knows about us better than we do ourselves..