Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Jehovah Rophe - The Healer

It was the 31st of dec, 2003. Everyone was in the new year celebration mood including me. My chithi and cousin had come from cochin along with her nephew febby anna. I had cold a few days back but that seemed to be fine then. After an entire day of partying , it was finally time for us to go to church. The midnight mass. I wore my new saree which i got from pothys, chennai. It was a copper sulphate color silk saree with dolls in stone. I was so excited about this new saree that i wore it and was very eager to show all my relatives. The service got over by 1 am and it was very cold outside. I started feeling little uncomfortable. I had difficulty breathing. I started breathing heavily. So my mom decided to take an auto and go home. After coming home i had a cup of hot water and i became normal.
The next day we planned to go to my grand parents place. Myself, my bro, my aunt, my cousin vashni and febby anna made the first trip in the morning. My parents were supposed to come in the evening to attend the new year service at church and we were all planning to spend the night at grandmas place. After lunch at about 3 in the afternoon, my aunt decided to go to her parents place which was close by. She left with febby anna and vashni. My grandpa had also gone out. My grandma went to buy some things for the new year feast. So me and my brother were left all alone at home. At about 3:45, i started breathing heavily again. It became so severe, i couldnt stand in a place. I started sweating profusely. My brother was too young and became very worried. He was almost in tears. In the bottom of my mind I thought i was going to die because something like this had never happened before. It was becoming more and more severe. Just then my grandmom came. She also panicked but immediately boiled some water and asked me to do steam inhalation. Immediately i could sense a bit of releif. My bro called up my parents. They told him that they were dropping their plan of coming to grandmas place and asked us to return as soon as possible. Since it was a village, we have buses only once in an hour or 2. The next bus was only at 6 pm. I had no clue about how i was going to spend that time. My aunt returned from her parents place. She was all dressed up to go to church. But when they saw me even they became worried. Febby anna immediately called up one of his relative doctors and asked her for opinion. The dctor did give some prescriptions. But there was no pharmacy in that village. I really dont remember how i spend the rest of the time but we finally got the bus. I was trying to sleep in the chithis lap but couldnt. As soon as we reached our destination my dad was waiting with the scooter to take me to the doctor. The doctor said it was 'wheesing'. I've just heard of people getting it. But me!!!! I was shocked....
I took all the medicines that he gave me. But i had no sleep that entire night. The wheesing subsided on 2nd evening. It was the worst new year i ever had. But that night i made a silent preyer. I said Lord ' I've never suffered so much before. Please Lord i dont want this again. The next year new year service I want to testify in church about this'.
The Lord did hear my prayer. Throughout the year i did get mild breathing problems but i would just vanish in moments without any medication. He gave me good health thoughout that year. Praise God!!! I did share my testimony in church the following year. He is Jehovah Rophe - The Healer.

No comments: